Thursday, April 30th, 2015 at
There are normally so many options available when it comes to choosing a place to start developing home automation system in Miami. In most cases, it becomes challenging to come up with the best option. The following are some of the ideas to make things easier and less intimidating.
1. Products- The home automation process should be done depending on the budget. In most cases, people start with products that are easy to install and relatively cheap once they are comfortable with the technology they can keep improving gradually. It is important to buy only products that can be used.
2. Compatibility– Not all the products in the market are compatible. It is necessary to ensure that the products bought are compatible. Automation is an evolving field therefore before purchasing them, there is a need for critical analysis of the products compatibility in the present and future. It is important to choose a product that can allow expansion instead of replacement.
3. Start simple-There are some basic products that must be bought for the process of automation to continue for instance lighting. The products can be assembled to form a system, or the other option is to buy a starter kit. The starter kits include light switches and remote control. It is important to start out with lighting products like switches and dimmers. Thereafter other improvements can be made.
4. Cost- it is important to develop an automation home system for your home that is affordable. This is will ensure that the cost of maintenance is affordable in case of breakdown.
5. Integrator– This is an individual that develop the system. When looking for integrators it is important to assess past completed jobs. This will ensure that an experienced personnel builds a quality home automation system.
In conclusion, coming up with a home automation system in Miami is not as complicated as most people think. These ideas can be helpful to get started.
Call Seagull Electronic today for a FREE in-home home theater installation quote (561) 624-0220.
Friday, April 25th, 2014 at
When it comes to automated home electronics, residents who are on the fence and not yet committed to the technology tend to look for that “one thing” that tips the scales for them, where the notion of a smart home goes from an idle curiosity to something that provides a real, tangible and attractive benefit to something specific in their life.
For some people it’s energy savings; for others it’s as simple as being able to enjoy their music and video anywhere in the home. Still others are enamored with the security aspects of home automation. But if none of that floats your boat, there’s an emerging sector of the smart home market that might: smart irrigation.
There’s nowhere in the country where water is becoming more abundant and less expensive; to the contrary, most homeowners are struggling to balance higher water costs and more restrictive use regulations with their desire for a garden, or a section of lawn, or even the basics of landscaping. And while there’s nothing new about using timers to switch watering systems on and off — or even distinguishing between zones that receive different amounts of water at different times — the smart home twist is using sensors and the internet to inform your watering.
Imagine a suite of moisture sensors that can tell when the soil near your flowers is at optimum saturation, switching off the drip irrigation at precisely the right moment. Or imagine a weather station that collected data about projected and measured temperatures and humidity, and offered recommendations about watering for particular plants. Smart homes won’t just save energy inside — they’re poised to save water outside as well!
To speak with the experts in home electronics residents recommend most Seagull Electronics home automation company. Let us help you enjoy all the benefits of home automation in Miami!
Friday, April 11th, 2014 at
There’s a feeling among some people people that the “smart home” home automation trend is some sort of revolution; but while the designs in home automation in Miami. Smart home enthusiasts are enjoying are often innovative, there’s really nothing revolutionary about using technology to get more out of your life — to save time and money.
In fact, most home automation products are clever but short steps beyond products that were already on the market — already saving people time and money, but taking it a bit further. One of the great examples of this today is the Nest thermostat. Sure, the ability to control a thermostat over the internet is a relatively new idea, and a thermostat that “learns” about how long it takes a home to heat up (or cool off) is a great way to make your home more energy efficient.
But the first programmable thermostats erupted onto the market decades before anyone was talking about “smart homes” — and they saved homeowners a ton of money in energy costs. Even so-called “learning” thermostats — that adjusted their timing to get the home already at temperature at the programmed time, rather than just turning on then — are hardly new.
Smart homes simply take what are mostly existing technologies and intertwine them in creative ways. There’s nothing groundbreaking about a motorized sun shade, nor an electric timer, nor light sensors; but combine them with an electronic “brain” that figures out when to drop the blinds to save the most on cooling costs, and you’ve started putting the “smart” pieces together.
For more information or to meet the experts in home automation smart homeowners recommend more to their friends and family than any other, contact us today for a consultation!
Click here for the list of home automation services Seagull Electronics offers in Miami.